Welcome To: MyOklahomaDivorce.Com
Your Divorce Done Right
Start Online

Frequently Asked Questions

Oklahoma uncontested divorce

Do I have to pay a filing fee?

The spouse filing the divorce papers must pay a filing fee to the court clerk. The fee for filing a divorce in Oklahoma is about $240. If the filing spouse is unemployed, a full time-student, or on a fixed income, the court can waive the filing fee. The court may also allow the filing fee to be paid installments. This way the divorce can be filed and allowed to proceed with only a minimal payment toward the overall filing fee. We provide our customers with the documents necessary to request that the filing fee be waived by the court. You can download the application to waive the filing fee for free.

What if my spouse refuses to sign the divorce papers?

If your spouse refuses to sign the divorce papers you can simply have your spouse legally served with the divorce. After being served your spouse will have twenty-days to respond in writing or through an attorney. If your spouse refuses to file a response the divorce can be finalized by a default judgment without your spouse's signature. Call and ask us about our service divorce package today! 1-800-503-5919

What if I cannot locate my spouse?

If you cannot locate your spouse, or if your spouse is avoiding normal service, you can serve your spouse with divorce papers by publishing a legal notice in your local newspaper. After the legal notice has ran three times in the newspaper, your spouse is considered served and the divorce can be finalized. For more information call and ask us about the Publication Divorce Package. 1-800-503-5919.

How do I get a divorce from a spouse that is incarcerated?

It is fairly easy to get a divorce if your spouse is incarcerated in a jail or prison. Even if your incarcerated spouse refuses to sign divorce papers, you can obtain a default judgment for divorce by using our service divorce package. Spouses that are incarcerated are usually unable to hire a lawyer to try and contest the divorce. If your spouse is incarcerated call and ask us about the service divorce package

Can we do a same sex divorce?

We have a vast amount of experience in preparing divorce papers for same sex couples. Our staff of friends divorce specialists will work directly with you to ensure that your same sex divorce papers are prepared properly. For more information about a same sex divorce in Oklahoma call us today!

Does child support have to be paid if we get divorced?

The issue of child support must be addressed in every divorce that includes a minor child. Judges usually require that the parties submit a completed child support computation form. However,child support does not have to paid in every case because judges are allowed to deviate from the child support guidelines. For example, in a case where the parents share joint custody of a child, the judge can order that no child support be paid at all if the parties agree. So while the issue of child support must be addressed in the divorce papers, the judge can order that child support does not have to be paid by either spouse.

Do I have to Complete a divorce parenting class?

For divorcing couples that have a minor child (or children), both parents must complete a four hour divorce co-parenting class. Divorcing couples may attend the class together or separately. The helping children cope with divorce parenting may be completed online here, in the comfort of your own home.

Contact Us

If you have a question before getting started please use the form below to send us a message